Assessment of non-traditional minority students needs to be successful in a BSN program.
Conduct focus groups of senior and graduated minority nursing students to assess their feedback on what was helpful in the nursing program as it related to thier specific needs for successful completion. What works what doesn't, what should be included. Also a review of the literature of proven programs that successful assist non-traditional minority students in satisfactorily completion of a BSN program.
1. Graduate student to assist with focus groups.
2. Graduate student to assist with Literature review and interpretiation.
1. student that is culturally competent.
2. student is aware of social constraints of society toward certain members.
1. Meet on campus maybe 1 x per month.
2. Participate in Focus groups - anticipate 4
3. Other work; obtaining and reviewing literature maybe done off campus.
1. Culturally competent student who can assist in focus groups and obtaining literature that looks at successful programs that assist non traditional and minority students in successfully completing their academic endeavours - primarily nursing.
2. Selected student is aware of social constraints of society that may make it more difficult for non traditional and minority students to suceed.
3. Student has history of activity in an urban community.
- Job Opening ID
- Fall 2017 and Winter 2018
- Work could be done by someone not coming to campus (e.g., online or non-local student)
- What majors can apply?
- Health Education (MS)
- Nursing (MSN/DNP/Certificate)
- Public Health (MPH)
- Social Sciences (MA)
- Faculty Name
- Melva Craft-Blacksheare